Academic equivalency for studies completed outside Canada

If you completed your studies outside of Canada, you need to provide an attestation of academic equivalency by a comparative evaluation service, in addition to proof of your status in Canada. If you do not have this attestation, you can request one from Cégep à distance. To do so, you have to send us all the relevant documents for an examination of your studies: diplomas and transcripts, including for grades 10, 11, and 12. Your documents must be in French or English. If you are providing translations, they must be done by a certified translator and accompanied by copies of the original documents. We recommend that you do not send original documents.

You can also obtain an attestation of schooling from the Gouvernement du Québec (514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191). Further information is available on the Gouvernement du Québec’s website at

Cégep à distance may require an English placement test in some cases.