Conditional admission and success contract
To support our students all the way to graduation, Cégep à distance applies certain conditions for admission and re-admission if:
- You fail the same course more than once
- You fail half or more of your courses in a single semester
These conditions are accompanied by measures that are tailored to the severity of your situation and your ability to comply with the applicable commitments or conditions. They could entail:
- Withdrawal of full-time status
- Expulsion from the program
- Expulsion from the CEGEP
If these measures are applied, you will still be subject to the same conditions as for a new registration:
- The course(s) in question will be included in the maximum of four courses you can register for.
- At the change of session, Cégep à distance will wait for the final grade for your course(s) from the previous session before processing your registration.
Furthermore, in accordance with Règlement sur l’admission favorisant la réussite scolaire (French), available on the Collège de Rosemont website, Cégep à distance students and newly admitted commandite students from other CEGEPs are subject to success conditions in every session of their program.
If you are conditionally admitted, you will have to sign a success contract before registering, promising to fulfill the admission conditions.
Your commitment to fulfill the imposed conditions will take the form of an electronically signed contract in which the CEGEP sets out the mandatory support measures and success conditions it has established for you.
A student who is conditionally admitted may be refused re-admission to a failed course if they have not met the conditions in their success contract.