Reciprocal agreement (commandite) benefits for visiting students
The reciprocal agreement for visiting students (commandite) allows a student to take a course at Cégep à distance while remaining enrolled at another CEGEP. Commandites allow CEGEPs, at no additional cost, to:
- Significantly increase the selection of courses open to their students
- Improve the scheduling flexibility of courses offered: continuous registration all year long, variable course length, self-paced studies at home or elsewhere, coaching from a tutor, academic support
The selection of courses at Cégep à distance allows students to access a wider variety of courses during the summer, for example.
In some cases, a commandite can allow students to speed up their learning path and graduate faster. Students can use commandites in the following situations:
- There is a scheduling conflict between the course they need to take and their other courses or personal and family obligations.
- The course is not offered in a given session or there are not enough spaces available.
- They want to take courses out of sequence to speed up their learning path.
- They need to repeat a failed course.
- They want to take a general education course while they are away from their CEGEP completing an internship.